Friday 17 June 2011

Product Review: Yoko Spa Milk Salt

This is one of the product that I love love love the most and I highly recommend to everyone. The product I'm talking about is Yoko Spa Milk Salt, a product from Thailand.

YOKO Spa Milk Salt
This is a product I bought online, cost me about USD 2 for this packet of 300g spa milk salt. It has 2 packages, 1 in a tin that weights 200g, around USD 3, and this in a sort of a refill pack which cost much lesser but contains more product. Of course, I'll take the latter.

YOKO Spa Milk Salt
This product is manufacturerd in Thailand, so far, I've yet to see it selling in retail stores. But 1 thing for sure, it's an awesome scrub. 

The smell of sweet milk candy hits you once you open the package, and inside, fine granular grains of salt.

I used a generous amount on my body, about 2 fistful of salt. I wet my body, then lather on the salt all over. Some of the salt will melt once in contact with water, so I don't lather it on immediately. I waited until my body is semi-dry (if you get what I mean), then I scrub it on.

Directions for YOKO Spa Milk Salt
I used it for more than 3 minutes though. It is going to STING if you have some cuts in your body, because it is salt after all, and yes, it tastes salty, not milky salty, but plain salty.

After that, I wash them away, revealing smoooooooth oh so baby smooooth skin. It makes my skin feels as though it's gone through a luxury bath. I love love love touching my hands and legs after using the salt, it makes my skin ultra smooth, honestly!

However, 1 down side is the packaging is pretty lousy. The zip locker shown below, doesn't work at all. So you have to store your salt in another air tight container.

Dud zip locker 
Since it's a salty, it will get clumpy once in contact with moisture, so make sure you do not splash it during your shower. Keep the lid on!

I used silica gel found in shoe boxes to keep the moisture away, so my container of spa milk salt is still dry and grainy, not clumpy at all.

Silica Gel to keep the moisture away
Alternatively, you can use other things to absorb the moisture such as grains of rice, crackers etc. Keeping the lid open in an air-conditioned room should absorb the moisture away as well since the air is rather dry in an air-conditioned room.

All in all, a great buy, and I will definitely repurchase it! If you want baby smooth skin, give this a try too!

22 comments:

  1. is it effective? did your skin whiten? :) please reply

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angee,

    I think skin whitening shouldn't occur overnight, or in a short time span.

    In truth, I only notice is making my skin soft and smooth, maybe because of the ingredients in the salt, but I'm not looking for skin whitening to begin with.

    But no, I don't think it whitens my skin. It just makes it buttery smooth. Hope this answer your question.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do u think u can apply it also in your face?

    ReplyDelete
  4. how many times in a week should i use it? and how should i use it? should i only use my hand and rub it off on my skin? if yes, wouldn't my hand be so exfoliated? that it makes it so dry and itchy? please reply, i really need your help. Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am using it and its awesome..some magic like...so soft and smooth..

    ReplyDelete
  6. where did you buy this product online?

    ReplyDelete
  7. this post is 100% true to the detail and review... it's like bathing with milk which makes the skin supple and smooth and soft...

    ReplyDelete
  8. i also used the Aloevera Yoko Spa Salt.
    it is pretty awesome..
    my armpit became whiter and became smooth unlike ling time ago it was like hairless chicken

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im using the one that is shown in the picture and it works amazing... i just love how smooth and supple my sin feels. Although in india u get it for 300rupees, which is like abt $6. But id recommend it to any girl out there. Its a lovely product!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I found Qoo10 is selling this salt, is really nice smelly~ Thanks for recommenddation! I Love it~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ladies, thanks for finding my short ramblings useful! You girls just made my day!

    Nitisha, i bought this from a local forum off a lady selling it, not a shop, sadly.
    If you might want to try it, do let me know. I can send you some for you to try. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello where i can get this product?i want to try it..please email me merry_sho@yahoo.com

    thank you so much.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. i just bought it yesterday at a budget mart in malaysia for RM5.50, just looking for reviews coz i;m worried with it;s low price, it could be something wrong. reading your reviews and a few others make me want to try it tonight. and yes, the smell is super amazing... love it so much

    ReplyDelete
  14. cindaiemas,

    which budget mart in malaysia was selling this yoko products? please recomend to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi
    I do use it and its great but I will go to usa for long trip and I don't no where to buy it in good price
    can you tell me what is the site you buy from in this good peice thanx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just bought this and well from all the feedbacks I saw it seems it does work well I give it a try then.

    ReplyDelete
  17. actually watson sells this product in a very affordable price, like 69.00 pesos only, i just applied this product today and how my skin feels so soft, i love it! i hope this really helps in whitening the skin though, but i have a friend who used a salt scrub before, she forgot the name and she said that it whitened her scar a little bit, so i hope this does the same.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Visit and like YOKO BODY SCRUB PAGE:
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=449442018440091
    and have chance to get free sample! ��

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is really a helpful blog to find some different source to add my knowledge. I came into aware of new professional blog and I am impressed with suggestions of author.
    ทำแบรนด์สบู่

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sometime it becomes very hard to find a well written and well established bog which give you correct and useful information. However, I found this blog and got some relevant information which are really helpful for me.
    อาหาร เสริม เห็ด หลิน จื อ

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can you use this product on your face?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Enter your comment...can I use this product on face

    ReplyDelete