Friday 17 June 2011

Nubar 2010 over OPI Mrs O'Leary's BBQ Matte


I wanted to do a matte nail polish today, but I don't want it just plain matte; I wanted something a little different in it. So this is what I did:


Base coat+ OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ + Nubar 2010 + Essie Matte About You

I started with Nubar Nu Nails as the base coat, then add 2 layers of OPI Mrs O'Leary's BBQ. Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ is an awesome color, very opaque, color true to bottle in just two coats. And it's amazingly shiny! Even without a top coat. A must buy imho. The color is a deep vampy dark plummish purple, which might look close to black in very very low lights, but changes its color in certain lights. It's a teeny bit reddish in sunlight, but indoors, it's a always a beautiful dark dark plum purple. Application is awesome! Easy to control formula and I just love OPI pro wide brush!


OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ

Then I top it with 1 coat of Nubar 2010. It reflects very pretty orange, green and yellow flakies, depending on the direction of angle that you look at it. I realised that it's mostly orange if your eyes are perpendicular to your nails, which is directly 90 degrees looking at it.


Nubar 2010

But if you are looking at it at 180 degrees, which means you are looking at it horizontally, it reflects more green. See the picture below has more greenish yellow than orange compared to the first picture which show a more perpendicular angle. The picture below is close to 180 degrees.


Base coat+ OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ + Nubar 2010 + Essie Matte About You

Then finally I top it off with 1 coat of Essie's Matte About You.


Essie Matte About You


It gives my nails a matte smooth looking finish, and it dries lightning quick too.

My nails reminds me of the royalty or very rich people's bedsheet or curtains with the satiny rich deep red color and flakies that reflects colorful rainbows. Love it! Hope you like it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment