Wednesday 29 June 2011

Nubar Forest

My long awaited Nubar Forest arrived today~ whooohooo...
I have a thing for green. Especially green creme.
There's something about creme that just gets me. When I apply and it's smooth and opaque, it transforms my mood to euphoria~

Nubar Forest + sv top coat

So I have here Nubar Forest on my nails, a deep green with a little blue undertone. I expected a dark green with tiny yellow undertone but this is not it. The colour is a little muted, it doesn't jump at you and say, HEY I'M GREEN LOOK AT ME. Rather, it has that grey muted dark blue tone green, but it's green, you wouldn't call it a grey, it just doesn't catch you in the eye if you know what I mean.


Nubar Forest


Nubar forest is a deep green creme, the color seems to calm me whenever I feel agitated, which is quite a lot lately with the pressure and dateline piling up.

Application wise was terrible.
Ok, probably I over-anticipated it as I've read that application for Nubar was suppose to be perfect and all that blah... well... it was  too watery for me.
When I finished applying two coats, it pooled all over my cuticles in the worst way. The clean up didn't take that long, but I don't know it's the brush or what in Nubar, but my cuticles seems to be drenched in the polish after application. I think it's the brush... which always took a weird giant side swipe at the cuticles when it's nearing them, which is really irritating.


Nubar Forest
Drying time was really really slow because it's so watery. It's longer than the china glaze and OPI that I'm used to, which explains the smudges being so bad that I had to redo 4 of my nails. :(

Luckily seche vite top coat came to the rescue!

After the seche vite top coat, my nail polish shines! Me looooves seche vite! You can literally see my reflection here. It's like a mirror image. Love the shine seche vite brings!

All in all, LOVE the color, say no to the formula and the brush, but still a good purchase.

Being my first Nubar color, it sort of disillusioned me from the brand... :(
I really expected a lot from Nubar... but for now, it acts as a cold water poured over my hot Nubar fever. Didn't live up to the hype. :( Sad. I wanted to love Nubar. I really did. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment