Wednesday 8 June 2011

Color Club Soft As Cashmere


Okok, I admit. I bought this mostly because of the cosy name. Soft as Cashmere. 
It sort of just seduced me into buying it. Doesn't the name hollers COMFORT?


Color club Soft As Cashmere

But I was not in the least disappointed. The gray/beige/nude/mushroomy trend a while back did not appeal that much to me, but I was surprised I liked this color so much.

It has a creame finish, a light brown or gray, or kind of a mix, and it depends on your skintone and the lighting to depend which shade show out more.

The formula is quite thin, so I took 3 layers to acheive opacity. It gets quite streaky in the first two application, but it all evened out in the last layer.

In the evening sunset, it shows a lot more brown than gray, but in the afternoon, it is more gray than brown.

Picture taken in the evening
Since I am more yellow toned, I think the gray showed up more on me than others. In fact, in the afternoon, it looks more light cement color than anything.


Color Club Soft As Cashmere
This color is very suitable for office wear, more formal occation, but some may not like it. It might look like mud to others, but I absolutely adore this shade because the color looks so comfortable... it reminds me of wool sweater in winter-time.

I do know that some nail bloggers don't like this shade, but I just love it! (a part of it due to the name anyway)
It's really a nice shade to wear and it makes my skintone looks lighter, not to mention my hands look clean in a weird sort of way, Maybe it's because the skintone around the color looks more fairer than the rest. 

Haha... hope you like it too. Next on my list is Essie Playa del Platinum to try. I'm gonna get it on my next splurge. It looks lighter than Soft as Cashmere, but those mushroomy wearable colors. Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment