Monday 25 July 2011

OPI My Daddy's The King II

This is not really a new nail polish, it's the same ol' My daddy's the king from OPI. I re-swatched it because I didn't really capture how nice it was previously, so hopefully the pictures in daylight will show you what a beauty it really is. It's too bad it's discontinued, but if you find any, be sure to stock em up!

OPI My Daddy's The King

MDTK is a very pretty peach with a slight pink tint and a faint shimmer that is hardly noticeable unless you put your nails to about 1 inch in front of your eyes. It's visible when you're painting your nails, but after it dries, it's just a lovely creamy peach.


OPI My Daddy's The King
I find color like these very suitable for my pale Asian yellow skin. Those sweet pink really doesn't do for me. It just look so out of place with my yellow skin. With MDTK though, it's like a BABB (band aid but better) color for me. Very sweet, very girly and extremely loveable.

OPI My Daddy's The King

As seen from the pic though, the color goes on maybe one or two shades darker than the ones in the bottle.
Formula is sheer, very sheer, but easy to paint. It doesn't go stringy or becomes gloopy, but remains the same formula the whole time.
This is a three coater, but well worth it! Took a while to dry though so a fast drying top coat is a neccessity.

OPI My Daddy's The King
This is the only nail polish that I have used until it's 75% full mark. It's very versatile, and suitable for office use as well. I can't help falling in love with it each time I see it. All in all, great color, ok formula. 
Would I repurchase?
yes, in a heartbeat.






2 comments:

  1. What a colour and the shine is also so bright.It looks so pretty in your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Yonka.
    It is a very pretty color, and maybe seche vite or poshe top coat (i can't remember which I used!) contribute to the overall shine as well. :)
    It's a very flattering color albeit a little sheer. Do try it out if you have the color! :D

    ReplyDelete