Saturday 16 July 2011

OPI Mrs O'Leary's BBQ + Nubar 2010

Hello dear readers!

Sorry for the lack of update this week. I was busy writing my thesis and submitting my progress report, and also completed 2 online tests for a job interview. It was a busy busy week~

Have I told you how much I LOVE OPI Mrs. O'Leary's Bbq? Let's put it as MOB for easy typing sake.
Yes, I love it so much that I even considered buying another backup bottle of it, just to be safe, you know, a girl can never have too many back up nail polish. XD

However, I'm sure I mattified it last time, didn't I? Well, seche vite gave me quite some problems when I put it on. It mattifies near my tips! Even Poshe top coat did the same thing too!
I really didn't know what happen, it was really ugly as it was glossy and nice about three quarter of the nails, but the last bit was matte. :(

I figured it has something to do with the seche restore that I dripped in, so after that, I rolled my seche vite before using it. Problem solved! Must be the solvent being less dense than the top coat solution... gah... you don't want to hear me rambling about these, do you? You want photos! hehe~

Here goes:




OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ


Color is a rich black based maroon. It's not entirely the color of bbq sauce though, it has that little hint of red and purple. Awesome rich color, reminds me of thick carpets and curtains.

OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ
 The consistency is as I remembered it, smooth, applies well in 2 coats, some maybe three. I love opaque cremes! Especially creme that aren't thick and goopy, awesome.

As usual, I think Nubar 2010 applies well over this color. In fact, I've came up with my own theory of Nubar 2010. It will apply well with rich reflective color leaning towards black and best for color within the spectrum of red to green. Maybe blue, I haven't try it on blue yet, a dark calypso blue from china glaze will be my next experiment.


OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ + Nubar 2010
 As usual, you can see that it reflects more yellow/green when you tilt it to a 180 degrees angle, but if you view it perpendicularly as below, or you hold it directly in front of your eyes with no angle, it reflects more red/orange, no?


OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ + Nubar 2010
Love the color, Love the application, sorry for the tip wear and nail growth, but it's time to change my nail color too. Be seeing all of you soon. And have a great weekend.

Till then, ciao!

2 comments:

  1. the specks look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nic Nic,
    it definitely is the best specks top coat I've ever had. It's so smooth. Do get them if you have ever got the chance, as it's said to be a dupe to many highly sought after discontinued nail polish.

    ReplyDelete