Sunday 3 April 2011

Review: Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild


The first step of Clinique 3-step skincare routine

Clinique claims:

- It is a non-drying formula, maintains protective lipids.
- Works to loosen surface flakes
- Leaves skin feeling fresh, clean, comfortable.


Direction to use: 
A little goes a long long way. A pea size is enough for me. I'd distribute it evenly on my palms with two swipes and lather it on my face in circular motions, concentrating on an area at a time. I like to wet my hand with a little water, and wash my soap laden face in circular motions again just to make sure I get all the areas. After that, rinse throughly.


Clinique Liquid Facial Soap on my fist


After lathering...


What I think:
Priced at RM 80 for 200ml, I'd say this is a higher end facial cleanser.
It is a clear watery-like liquid and the smell reminds me of mouthwash or the dentist's office. Not strong enough to be off-putting, but it's there. It leaves my face clean, not tight, and generally, it works as what a cleanser should do. Clean my face. I think it does a good job because I don't see any of my sunscreen or makeup on my toner cotton pad after cleaning my face.



Pros:
Removes sunscreen and makeup well
No tightness experienced

Cons:
Price is a little steep

Overall:
I think I can find a similar cleanser with a lesser amount of money. It works well as a cleanser, but the price is too steep considering the fact that it only cleanses. But as of now, I'm stuck with it until I finish it, or until I think it's time to chuck it aside.

I'd recommend it to those who has normal to dry skin, who just wants a face free of sunscreen residue and dirt. For oily skin, you might find the non-mild version more suitable.

Have you used this? What do you think of it. Feel free to leave your comments. If you have other facial cleaner to recommend, I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment