Sunday 3 April 2011

Product Review: Cyleina Organic Rice Bran Soap

After seeing so many rave reviews online about Cyleina Organic Soap, I decided to succumb into the evil temptation of buying!!!


Cyleina Organic Rice Bran Soap

I bought three Cyleina Organic Soap in my haul, all strongly recommended by the seller, and all best sellers, which are: Cyleina Organic Rice Bran Soap (100g) , Cyleina Black Pearl Mini (45g), and Cyleina Organic Oats and Honey (100g).


My haul of Cyleina Rice Bran, Cyleina Honey Oats, and Cyleina Black Pearl Mini on A4 paper


Where to buy:
Since it's a product from Philipine, you can't get it here locally yet, but there are many online sellers carrying this product. It typically ranges from RM20 - RM25, you can probably get it 1 or 2 ringgit cheaper if you look around.

What Cyleina Organic Rice Bran claims to do:
For oily/acne/pimple skin, exfoliates skin, removes blemishes and dead skin, containes vitamin E to decelerates skin aging.

Made in The Philippines


Ingredients of Cyleina Organic Rice Bran Soap


What I personally think:

I was cheated into buying this. :(
Yeap, you heard me right, cheated. Cheated from all the great rave wow awesome reviews.
It's lousy, it doesn't work for me, and I'm utterly disappointed.

FYI, I have buffalo skin. Harsh soap like Kao, Lux etc has no effect on me.
When I first received it, I love the smell from the soap. It smells so sweet and natural, sort of like yummy honey milk. From advice of others, I cut it into quarters, because as it is natural organic soap, it doesn't contain chemicals, so it will melt very fast when in contact with water. Cut them into 4 pieces will make it last longer.



My quarter size cut using a knife.

Excitedly, I bathe myself using the soap. It starts to smell weird, maybe it's the coconut oil smell.


It lathers very well, just like how a normal soap does. Lots and lots of bubbles. After rinsing with water, then I realised... it dries my skin so so so so badly. It's like I used floor detergent to wash my body. I could feel my body squeaky clean, literally. All my natural lipid and oil are stripped. My skin has that very tight feel when it is totally stripped of  oil, it's just like those normal RM1 for a piece soap.


After lathering, lots of bubbles.

Nevertheless, I continue using the soap. However, after 3 days, I find that it was too too harsh and drying that I use it on alternate days. After 1 month, finally, I just think it's time to stop. It is so drying that the skin on my arms started to flake slightly and you can see tiny white flakes by the light. Not only that, my elbow started to get really dry and harsh. :(

Maybe because it doesn't contain fragrance, my body smells weird. It doesn't have the yummy smell of the soap. It leaves a weird smell, maybe it's coconut oil that it contains... anyway, I don't smell yummy, but weird, like oil.

Pros:
Exfoliates skin

Cons:
Quite pricey in Malaysia.
Very harsh and drying.
Smells weird (personal opinion)

Will I recommend it?
No. Unless you need a really harsh soap, I wouldn't recommend it. It's too drying and harsh. I wouldn't get cheated by online reviews, unless there are like.. thousands of great reviews on it. It's just too bad, I really had high hopes for it. Probably it's just not suitable for me.

P.S. If anyone wants to try, I'd be happy to sell it to you at a low low price. I still have half of the soap, 2 pieces of 1/4 soap cut using a clean knife stored in my cupboard. And I'm definitely not continuing it anymore.

P.P.S: Currently the other two soaps are under trial period. I will leave a review after using them for a period of time.

-soap given away, yay!-

3 comments:

  1. Attraсtivе section of сοntent.
    I јust stumbleԁ uрon your site and in аccessiоn capital to
    аssert that I aсquіre асtually enjoyed aссount уour blog posts.
    Anуwау I'll be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.

    my website: zyppah rx review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this soap. :) it really suit my skin.

    Maybe because we have different skin types. It always depends on how your skin reacts on a specific product and probably it doenst suit your skin.

    Dont hesitate to try other product anyways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, I am really glad I’ve found this info. Today bloggers publish only about gossip and web stuff and this is really annoying. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thanks for making this site, and I will be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
    whole grain rice

    ReplyDelete