Sunday 10 April 2011

My First Polish Haul

I'm in trouble.

I'm suddenly addicted to nail polish.

I'm a bad nail polisher, but suddenly, when I saw all those nail polishes, OMG, I've got to have them.

So it ended up with my first haul... and many more to come.
I've already placed orders for 10 more nail polishes... (headache) I'm such a big spender.

 So here are my first haul... all nail polishes are from OPI, except the Seche Vite Top Coat since I've seen some really good reviews on it.

How did I choose my first haul? Internet research!
I choose all based on swatches that I've seen, under fluorescent and natural sunlight.
FYI, all these pictures are taken under natural sunlight. I've adjusted the camera setting to their most accurate colours. I would say they look 95% - 97% accurate.


My first nail polish haul


From left: Seche Vite Top Coat, OPI base coat, My Daddy's The King, Dulce De Leche, Hawaiian Orchid



My favourite in this haul is My Daddy's The King. I was very lucky to have gotten this because I've read that they discontinued it. :(
If you see this selling, just grab it!!!

It's a light peachy- pink colour that goes well with any skintone. Perfect for french manicure imho.
My Daddy's The King

My Daddy's The King

I used Dulce De Leche on my toes. It's very opaque, covers well with just 2 coats. It's the darkest among all three. I'll promise you swatches of it very soon.
Dulce De Leche

The most lightest of all three is Hawaiian Orchid. It's very very sheer, and needs maybe 3 coats, I'm not very sure of that because I layered it with My Daddy's the King after 1 coat. It's more to sheer pink, very shiny and easy to apply. Very suitable for a natural nail look.
Hawaiian Orchid

 I haven't experiment thoroughly with the colours yet because I have to meet up some big shots in the next few days, so I don't wanna meet them with my awesome nails looking weird. Just 1 coat of Hawaiian Orchid. But I'll definitely go crazy on them after that.
Pictures of swatches will be coming up soon. I promise. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment