Saturday 20 August 2011

Review: Kao Liese Bubble Hair Dye in Glossy Brown

Hello readers!

My deep apologies for the sudden disappearance. I took a flight back home for a short break, and started to lug the stuff in my dorm back home. It's nearly time to graduate, and I've mountains of stuff here. I must start moving something back or else it'd be nearly impossible to get them all back at once. So you would see less nail polish reviews here as I've moved most of them back home, leaving me with only OPI Bubble Bath and Mrs O'leary BBQ, and of course my fav base and top coat. 

So what have I been up to?
I've dyed my hair brown. Teee heee....
Ok, not exactly brown, more like red brown. It's a colour named Glossy Brown from Liese.


Liese Glossy Brown

See? That's the packaging. 
Yes, I dyed it myself! 
I've dyed my hair before, but always in a saloon. But this time I thought I'd like to try some DIY .
Sorry I didn't took photos of the step by step of the process, I dyed it back home with my mom's help, and it ended up being really nice!

Liese hair dye is a bubble dye. Basically it's very simple.

1. Mix solution A and B.
2. Gently rock the bottle for a few seconds.
3. Squeeze the bottle and bubbles will come out from the nozzle.
4. Put the bubbles on your hair.
5. Wait 30-40 minutes.
6. Wash.

And it's done!

My natural hair was dark brown  to begin with, not stark black, so this might appear lighter on me than others.

See them photos!


Liese Glossy brown near window, evening sun.
 It's very subtle in a room, not glaringly obvious, I like!
Only if you are under the light, or near a window, the colour will peek through, and it's a very lovely red-brown tint.

Liese Glossy Brown near window, loose hair, day time.
 It also changes colour to a lighter brown or red brown, depending on the light, wet or dry, tied up or loose. The colour is really fantastic to look at, very very nice!

Liese Glossy Brown near window, when tied up.
See the difference when I pressed my hair and when I let it loose? One appear lighter than the other, but I can assure you they are all taken under the same lighting, same location. Quite amazing aint it?

All in all, it's a very simple and economical hair dye, the colours distributed evenly, and great colour payoff. Definitely recommended! 

Have you tried the bubble hair dye from Liese? How did you find it?

4 comments:

  1. I like it whether its pressed or not, im considering dying my hair to something lighter colour than that.

    Aden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aden,

    If you have black/near black hair (think Asian, exclude Russia =P), you can try Marshmallow Brown, or Milk Tea Brown from Liese (or Prettia in Japan). They are both decidedly lighter than Glossy Brown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samantha,
      Thanks for your recommendation! I dyed my nearly black hair with Chiffon Beige yesterday, it's barely visible. I'll try

      Delete
  3. I spy skin79 bb cream in the background :) thanks for posting these... I just used Liese chestnut brown, but its a little bit dark so I think im gonna go for glossy brown next.

    ReplyDelete